Middle Earth recognizes and believes that parents have the right to earn a living or further their education, secure in the knowledge that quality affordable child development services are available and accessible.
In fact, we were founded to provide low-cost, high quality child development services. To this day, we ensure this remains a focal point of our services by accepting tuition through:
1) Private pay: We research the market value of our services to be sure our private pay tuition rates are comparable to other providers in our area.
2) Subsidy from the Department of Human Services: We accept qualified individuals who receive support for tuition from the State of Oklahoma.
3) A sliding scale fee for services: Our Board of Directors uses the family income guidelines of the Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) to set a sliding fee scale based on annual family income.
Families can qualify for either the DHS Subsidy or the Sliding Scale (but not both).
- We provide services without financial gain to our members.
- We abide by all relevant state and federal laws.
- We maintain financial sustainability of the organization and its child development services
A refundable, family deposit is due upon enrollment and a non-refundable, annual registration fee of $25 per child is due upon enrollment and on the first day of September, thereafter. The registration fee will cover some administration costs of enrollment and maintenance of the children’s files.
In order to provide a comfortable beginning to Middle Earth, we offer a gradual adjustment period for new children and their families. This consists of a three-day orientation, at no charge, in which the child is slowly introduced to the classroom while the presence of family member(s) is decreased.
|Day 1:||Parent(s) and child visit the classroom and participate in activities from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. or 3:30 to 5:30 p.m.|
|Day 2:||Child visits classroom from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. or 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. The parent(s) stay for the first hour, then leave and return at the end of the period|
|Day 3:||Parent(s) leave child for a shortened day (with pick-up prior to lunch).|
There is no charge for these three days. Before beginning the introduction period, we require that the child be permanently enrolled, with all deposits paid.